Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tea Time

This past weekend I was priviledged to act as a co-hostess at our church's Christmas Tea. Thanks to Stephanie, my co-hostess, our table had a wonderful time! Having never been to a Christmas Tea, Stephanie was my window into how the whole thing comes together. If you're like me and have never been to a Christmas Tea before, let me explain what this means...

The Christmas Tea is designed to be an evening of fellowship for women based around hot drinks, yummy desserts, fellowship, and the story of Christmas. This year our church was able to reach out to approximately 350 women from the community! How exciting!

Each year women from the congregation are asked to host a table for 8. This means making a dessert (or buying ones for those who are in a time crunch...or can't bake), decorating a table (dishes, decorations, and inexpensive favors), and being willing to serve those who sit with them. The exciting aspect to this women's event is outreach. Many women invite friends and neighbors who either don't have a church home or may not know Christ as their Savior.

Below I've posted a few pictures. You'll see the table Stephanie and I decorated, the yummy dessert we ate (chocolate cheesecake...mmmm), and the women who sat at our table. Two of whom I didn't previously know, so that was fun!

Stephanie, if you're reading this, thanks again for your hard work and help. We made a superb team and I really enjoyed this opportunity to become closer friends.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Ryan and Kristy Peterson said...

Erin I wish I was at your Christmas Tea and I wish you could have been at mine. It looks fantastic (did you save me a piece?}. Missing you, but I'll see you soon