Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Fun

Happy slightly late Easter everyone! We hope your Easter was a joyfilled as ours...

We had the pleasure of helping to plan and host an Easter egg hunt for some families who live in a rundown area of Houston just north of downtown. This was both a total blast and a leap of faith for our 705: community. We planned games, procured our very own balloon artist (thanks Steve - a man of many hidden talents), filled 1500 easter eggs with candy and trinkets, posted fliers, and showed up. Thankfully, God and a good number of kids did, too! (Those of you who know me, Erin, well know I stink at estimation...) The kids and their parents were not only shocked at the generosity of the 705: community, but truly thankful. "I don't think we would have had an Easter if you hadn't been here." We pray their Easter was not only defined by an egg hunt and some games at a park near their homes, but by the celebration of the RISEN Lord, the One who saves. As I had the joy of running one of the hunts, I don't have a lot of pics, but enjoy the few that we do...



This was also our first Easter with Micaiah! After working our way through a number of adorable dresses in a search for one that fit, we landed on this little number. I know more isn't always better. I should probably just choose a favorite photo and post it for your viewing pleasure, but this mom couldn't decide. So, here's our little munchkin in her Easter garb (over and over and over again)...

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love reading about God's provision for your ministry and family. Thank you for so openly sharing what God is doing in and through you. God's peace and blessings in abundance! --angie koch