Monday, March 17, 2008

March 15th and 87 Degrees

You read correctly, it was 87 degrees here in H-town on March 15th. Did we savor it? Yes. Did we dread the omen that comes with such weather at this time of year? Yes. 87 degree weather on March 15th can only mean one thing, a VERY hot summer. Ah, the joys of Texas.

We took advantage of this very nice day by taking a trip to the park! Not just any park, the "big park", or Herman Park for those native Houstonians. For those of you familiar with St. Louis, think Forest Park but on a slightly smaller scale. It was wonderful! We packed a picnic lunch and spent a couple of hours treking through the Japanese Gardens and soaking up time as a family.

Yes, most of our life revolves around our daughter now, which is a good thing, so it seems only right for me to let you know that this wonderful excursion to the park coincided perfectly with her 4 week birthday. She has no clue, but I think it's nice. She slept through the whole thing, but that's okay, too. She's growing up so fast!!! And I digress.

Here's to 4 weeks, family time and 87 degrees...



I told you she slept through the whole thing!!!

1 comment:

Janet N said...

Just discovered your blog, and enjoyed the pictures of your daughter. Can't wait to meet her in person!I'm excited I'll be able to keep up with you!